These might be the easiest and most indulgent tasting pancakes you have ever made! They are whipped up using the Birch Benders Paleo Mix which makes these pancakes gluten free yet they are still so fluffy! And I know during these busy holiday times we are all looking for quick recipes that require minimum ingredients and can please everyone! This is definitely one of those recipes.
When you take the delicious pancakes mix and add in baked lemon ricotta, lemon extract, and chia seeds, you get an amazing pancake that can only be made better by topping it with delicious blueberries!! And if you’re feeling fancy add some whipped cream too
I was really amazed by how delicious these came out and I cant wait to experiment with more flavor combinations.
Also I’m pretty sure this lemon ricotta is a limited time item from Trader Joes so stock up if you live near one!
- 3/4 cup Birch Benders mix
- 50 grams lemon ricotta cheese
- 1/2 tsp lemon extract
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- Mix the pancake mix, lemon ricotta, lemon extract, water and chia seeds together in a bowl until well combined. Let the batter sit for a couple of minutes and it will thicken up.
- As the batter thickens, heat a pan on low-medium heat. If not nonstick spray with nonstick spray or coconut oil or butter.
- Dollop the batter onto the pan. I like to use a cookie scooper to ensure my pancakes are all about the same side. You may need to spread out the batter with the scoop since it is a bit thick. Let cook for about a minute or two on each side or until you see bubbles forming on the pancakes and then flip. Repeat with your batter
- While the pancakes cook, microwave your blueberries. No need to add any water since they will produce their own liquid as the defrost and burst in the microwave.