This year is all about filling, delicious and nutrient packed breakfasts, which means it has to have a healthy amount of protein, fat and fiber in it! This breakfast is just exactly that and the perfect way to kick-off a Monday and is what I like to call chia pudding but all grown up!
The main ingredients you will need are a protein powder of your choice ( I like using Nutiva plant based, vegan protein powder which also has some veggies in it, I get mine from Thrive Market), hemp seeds, chia seeds, ground flax seeds, and for an extra bonus, pumpkin seeds to use as your topping!
I like to have my porridge warm and topped with blueberries, peanut butter, pumpkin seeds and cacao nibs for that extra crunch and flavor that wont put you in a sugar come (hellooo blood sugar balance)! This is definitely a versatile dish and I think coconut chips would be great with the blueberries or even warmed apples sautéed in cinnamon and coconut oil! I’d love to hear what topping combinations you come up with! This can also be prepped in advance to have later in the week. Simply let it cool completely and store in the refrigerator and enjoy cold or warm it back up!
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk/milk of your choice
- 1 scoop of high quality protein powder
- 1.5 tbsp flax meal
- 1.5 tbsp chia seeds
- 1.5 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp cocoa nibs
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- Fresh fruit of choice
- In a small sauce pan whisk together your almond milk, protein powder, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Whisk until the protein powder has dissolved.
- Add in your chia, flax, and hemp seeds.
- Whisk together for 5-6 minutes over low-medium heat. The mixture will begin to bubble and thicken up. Continue whisking.
- After 6 minutes, turn off the heat and let it cool for a couple of minutes. The porridge will thicken up a bit more.
- Pour into your bowl and add your toppings! Enjoy!