Fall has always been a favorite season of mine for so many reasons – from the weather, fall colors both in nature and in outfits, and of course for all the fall root veggies, abundance of apples, figs, squashes and of course pumpkin! I often find myself whipping up pumpkin baked goods year round – definitely not limiting myself to one season!
With that said I was so bummed when I recently went to TJs and saw most of the pumpkin items were gone – I strongly believe they should be out at least until the end of November! But fear not, I’m here to drop more pumpkin goodness.
I can’t believe it has taken me this long to share this Vegan Pumpkin Bread recipe. This is made with whole wheat flour, pure pumpkin puree, flax eggs, and slightly sweetened with maple syrup. I’ve added a yummy oat topping but feel free to leave off or add a simple cinnamon or maple glaze (just mix water, powdered sugar, cinnamon/maple syrup together!).
I love using binder clips to hold my parchment paper in place while I pour my batter in. I always keep a few of these in my kitchen drawer!
I hope you enjoy this bread as much as I did! This is also the perfect consistency for some pumpkin french toast!
I also love topping my bread with almond butter, pumpkin seeds and cinnamon or more pumpkin spice!
- 1 ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp flax meal mixed with 5 tbsp water)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ½ banana mashed
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 3 tbsp rolled oats
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp coconut oil, melted
- ½ tsp pumpkin spice
- Preheat your oven to 325F and line your loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, make your flax egg by mixing together 2 tbsp of flax meal and 5 tbsp of water. Give it a slight mix and let the mixture sit for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl mix your dry ingredients until well combined.
- In a separate large bowl, mash your banana. Then add in the rest of your wet ingredients: maple syrup, flax eggs, vanilla, almond milk, pumpkin puree, and melted coconut oil until well combined.
- Add your dry ingredients to your wet ingredients and mix until just well combined. You don’t want to overmix.
- Pour into your prepared loaf pan.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the oat topping and then sprinkle on top of your loaf pan. I then like to slightly press it into the batter to make sure it sticks.
- Bake for 50 -55 minutes until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes before slicing and then enjoy!!
2 thoughts on “Vegan Pumpkin Bread”
This looks yummy! How does this turn out using AP flour?
I haven’t tested it out yet but I think a 1:1 will work with AP flour!
LikeLiked by 1 person